Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chaos

Well the Demons have only been home from school for 10 minutes and already the house is in chaos. They don't have many chores. Heck when I was 8 I was washing dishes and doing my own laundry. Heck I was a latch key kid who came home alone until my older cousins got out of school.

The only things they have to do is gather their dirty clothes, gather their dirty dishes, break down the recycling and feed the dogs once a day, and pick up their toys.

A job that would take most normal kids 15 minutes takes mine something like 3 hours :P between the fighting, and screaming.

I tell them to clean up, suddenly Noah is in the floor dying of some stomach condition or he is hovering over Abby micromanaging her. So she gets mad and starts shouting at him, so he chases her, so I break them up, so Noah starts tantruming again and starts knocking stuff down or throwing things. So I break it up again, send Noah upstairs to calm down, which turns into an hour long process to get him to actually go to his room.

Today is not quite that bad, they are just yelling at each other to get to work. She yells at him, he yells at her, I turn the music up louder. Sadly, where other parents can go outside for a breather or take a time out in their room, I am stuck down here in the middle of chaos. I can't leave the room because if I do, one of them would be on the other in a second and they will physcially fight with each other.

I just don't understand why every little thing has to be this huge battle. All I asked them to do is tidy the living room and dining room. It would take me 10 minutes, but how can they learn to pick up after themselves if I take the easy way and do it for them? They won't. They could care less if we packed up everything they owned and gave it away. They would occupy themselves with carpet fuzz, and tissues. LOL.

Val always says I have the patience of a saint, but I really don't. I just remember how it felt when I was hit over and over and how badly it affected me and how I was changed from it. I do not want this for my children. So I had to learn to tune them out. I am very good at tuning stuff out. I try to pick my battles. I admit I do yell sometimes, but like all parents. I am working on it. It's a constant work in progress.

Are all days like this, sometimes, but not always. We just keep trying and remember that tomorrow is always a new day, and a new chance to be better. Being a Mom has been the hardest thing I have ever faced and it challenges me each day.

I still think back to their infant days and laugh. I used to say, Babies are made to be cute so that their mothers won't throw out the window when they are crying all night LOL. My second saying that used to make me smile was potty training. Potty training and house breaking a puppy are alot the same, except people give you bad looks if you were to leash a child. :P

Today will pass. I love my two, and wouldn't trade my life for anything, well, except maybe for some ear plugs.
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=2a715add2c00737fea708&skin_id=701

I watch this video alot when I have bad days. It reminds me of why I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment