Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday, Finally!

I am happy today is Friday. I have been off one of my meds for two weeks in preparation for my sleep study. It's my migraine preventative medication but it also mess with your REM sleep so I have to be off of it before sleep tests. This med not only helps my headaches, but it helps me sleep. So with it I wake up 1-2 times a night, and with out it, I am up 4-3 times a night. Which means my sleep is horrible and I am cranky and tired. :(

My sleep study is Sunday night at 9:30pm. Then I get to stay until 5pm the next day doing more tests to find out how sleepy I am during the day. They are not convinced I can take a nap anytime, anywhere LOL.

Everybody loves to tease me when I say we have a very set routine we follow and that life is still chaotic even with a solid routine. Here is a small peek into my life and my days.

For the month of March, we had the following appointments:

3rd: Sleep Doctor, Me
8th: Allergist, Me
9th: Psych Doctor, Twins
11th: Sinus C/T, Me
13th: Cocker Rescue, Transport Pick up
14th: Drive Transport Cocker to Milwaukee
17th: Abby's IEP Meeting at School
21th: Sleep Study, Me
22nd: All day at the Sleep Clinic, Me
26th: Noah's IEP Meeting

School days:

10th: Half Day for Twins
26th: No School
29th-April 7th: Spring Break Twins

April Appointments:

April 1st-5th: Beki coming with her kiddos.
10th and 11th: Dog behavior Seminar, Me, 9-5pm each day
14th: Half Day Twins
28th: Leave for Mexico Trip, Me
May2nd: Come back from Mexico, Me.

These are fairly normal months for us. Now our daily routine:

5:55am: I wake up and let doggies out to potty, while they are outside, I log into work and get everything going and start downloading emails. Also on my way downstairs, I go ahead and turn the kids bedroom lights on to start the waking up process.

6:00am-6:20: Starting checking work emails, get started working.

6:20: Larry goes up and wakes the kids up and gets them coming downstairs.
6:25: Larry leaves for work.
6:25: Twins, drag themselves downstairs and take meds. I help Noah get dressed really fast, and he usually goes and dozes on the couch until it's time to get shoes and socks on.

7:00am: I make sure Noah is now looking for his shoes and getting his backpack ready to go. I tell Abby for the 10-11th time to get dressed. Once she is dressed I start her on last nights homework.

7:20: Noah's bus usually gets here between 720-730ish. I make sure he gets on the bus, and Abby goes out to start my van to warm it up.

7:30-7:45: Abby finishes homework or plays computer. She is usually totally dressed complete with shoes by this time.

7:45-7:55am: I leave to drop Abby off at school.

7:55-2:30pm: I am back at home working until it's time to pick Abby up from school. Some days I get calls to talk with Noah and help him have a good day, sometimes I have to head over to his school but these are rare now.

2:30-2:50pm: Leave work, usually am done for day by this time, and go pick up Abby from school.

2:50-3:30ish: Just me and Abby at home. She usually has a snack and blows off some steam from school by watching a little TV or playing PC.

3:30ish: Noah gets home. He never has homework. Him and Abby usually spend a bit of time playing as long as their chores are done.

600-700: Sometime during this time period Larry finally gets home from work. We eat dinner, feed dogs, do some basic tidying up of the house.

7:30: Twins head to bed.

7:45-10ish: Me and Larry either play some Computer or catch a little TV.

I try to be in bed by 9pm, but most nights it's later.

Our days are long and crazy, but I love it and I love the twins.

Hope you enjoyed the peek into our world. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment