Monday, March 8, 2010

Longest Doctors Appt Ever!!!



Day was actually pretty good. I took Val's suggestion and had the kids lay out their clothes the night before. This morning Noah got dressed fast and dozed on the couch until it was almost Bus time. Abby took a shower and dumped out four bottles of soap. She normally does this so we have resorted to purchasing the really cheapy Sauve 1.00 a bottle shampoo. lol.

I dropped her off at school and made the journey to the allergists office to hopefully find out why my nose has been stopped up for two months now. I failed to read that the normal first visit appt is 4+ hours long. I got there at 8:30 am and got back home at 1:30PM. Although it was a long appointment this is the first allergist whom I have felt was actually willing to help me find out why I can't breathe. I had two types of skin allergy testing and the results were as expected. I am allergic to two types of dustmites and tree pollen. He thought he might have seen a nasal polyp so he is sending me to have a C/T scan of my sinus's on Wed. He wants to make sure there is no internal reason for my problems.

He really wants me to get some relief and help me figure out why I seem to get sick so easily and so often. He is also probably going to send off for some blood work for some genetic things which can cause my symptoms also if the C/T looks normal and he will probably send off some bloodwork to Mayo Clinic to check for food allergies via bloodwork. He also did that lovely lung function test and my lung function is good. He did switch my rescue inhaler to a breathe activated one instead of the aerosol one cause I have a hard time doing it the correct way. So this one is a powder you inhale so much easier to do.

I ended up working way late for me but the twins were actually so good I was shocked. They picked out a new movie to watch and were mesmerized in front of the TV so I could get some work done. It is rare for them to actually watch TV so I didn't mind. They actually get very little "screen time" They prefer to play outside or color or play make believe.

I finally got my birthday present for myself. I want to get healthy, it will improve my asthma and my back pain to get healthy and lose some weight. Since it is so cold up here I have a hard time going outdoors given my intolerance to cold and my asthma making it hard to breathe when it's really cold outside. So I bought myself a treadmill. When I was doing PT last year, my therapist had me warming up on the treadmill for 20 minutes at a time several times a week and I was doing great. I thought having my own would be a great way to work out and be able to watch the kids, and maybe even catch up a little on my TV watching as the treadmill is in the living room facing the TV LOL. Gotta love women, we can find strange ways to multitask. One unexpected thing from getting the treadmill is the twins want to walk on it so bad. I figure as long as I am right there watching them sure they can walk, it's a great way to get healthy and work off some energy LOL.

Abby made a comment yesterday which made me giggle. She was in the bathroom with me while I was showering. She often sits in there with me chatting about girl stuff. She said "Mom, if you get skinny you will look funny. But, I will still love you even if you look weird" Gotta love kids and their non censoring of their mouths. They come up with the funniest stuff sometimes.

This week is a crazy week for us. Today I had the allergist appointment, tomorrow we take the long trek up to the kids' Psych doctor. It's an hour and 45 minute drive each way but they are worth it as they specialize in kids with behavior disorders. We have been going to this clinic since the kids were 3 years old. We are now up to going 3 months between visits so it's not that bad. Plus we have the DVD player in the car so they watch a movie and I listen to my Ipod on the trip. Our family is weird and we actually enjoy hanging out in the car going places. The kids who can be crazy at home are usually quite calm in the car. My van is worth it's weight in gold and has worked out great for us. It's a 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT and it has dual DVD players, one for each row of seats, wireless headphones and each TV screen can be set to it's own movie. So no fighting. We also have the AVI cable hookups for things like an xbox and it even has two normal household outlets for game systems using it's built in power inverter. The seats also have stow and go which means we can fold them flat into the floor when we are not using them or need to put space between kids. Also the back seat lays back just like the middle seats so everything is all fair LOL. It is the first new car I have ever owned and I still get giddy driving it each day. I know I am a total Mom, but with all the gadgets it has I feel pretty cool driving it. It also has a built in touch screen to control the radio and satellite radio and if you are in park you can also watch a movie on the touch screen. It has a built in hard drive to store music or pictures and it has tri zone A/C and heat. Each adult gets their own controls for the heat and a/c and then the back seats also control their own a/c and heat. It's freaking awesome. Oh and it has airplane type lights for all the seats so you can read while some body drives and it does not bother them. Plus is has green low glow lights for the back seats which can be left on all the time and it's dim enough to be like a night light in the back but not enough to bother the driver. It also has a back up camera and power seats \o/.

I uploaded a few pics of my "baby"

No comments:

Post a Comment