Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thursday

That is how I feel this morning. I have told Abby no less than 30 times to get dressed. She is pretending to be deaf. This has been an interesting week. Overall the kids have been pretty well behaved aside from trying to give the dogs a haircut twice.

The weather has been in the low 60s this week so they have been spending a lot of time outside playing in the dirt or with chalk. I can't wait for full on spring as we will starting spending more time outdoors. I miss my swing and my firepit lol.

I had to attend Abby's IEP yesterday and it was actually quite productive this time. They zero'ed in on exactly the same things I had concerns about and we have a good plan so far. She will be getting a sensory box filled with fidgets which will help keep down the dumping of glue into her desk and the excessive sharpening of all her pencils. We are going to start a communication folder so we can talk easier back and forth and we are going to work on her becoming more independent at school. It was a long 2.5 hour meeting but I felt good leaving it.

Noah's IEP meeting is Friday, the 26th so hopefully it will be as good as Abby's was. I get to spend Sunday night and all day Monday at the sleep lab which leaves Larry in charge of getting the kids off to school. Hopefully they won't give him much trouble.

Why is it that Noah is so cranky in the mornings. He goes to bed pretty early and I let him sleep as long as possible, yet each morning is a fight to get him dressed, a fight to get his shoes on, a fight to wait for the bus. He is 8, he should be able to get himself dressed and put his own shoes on. Heck, when I was his age, I totally was on my own to get up for school and walk to school and I was a latchkey kid who came home to an empty house. In some ways he acts very much like a toddler and in other ways he acts his age. It's frustrating for me. Like right now, He is whining on the floor because he can't walk into the living room and look out the front door for his bus with out me sitting right there also. I mean I am in the next room!! Some days I feel as though he is smothering me.

I swear when they come home from school all I hear for the rest of the day is "mom, mom, Mom, Mom, MOM, MOM!!!! all day long. I am just tired these days. I know the sleep doctor is working hard to find out why I don't feel rested after sleeping, but being chronically tired sucks. I just want to crawl into bed for a whole weekend and sleep uninterrupted. Right now I am averaging 2-4 times a night that I wake up. It's not even just barely waking up. It's wide awake have to get up and get a drink awake. Then I have that whole process of getting back to sleep.

This kind of stuff is one of the reasons it sucks to live so far away from family. You have nobody to call and say I really need some help can you come watch the heathens for a couple of hours so I can take a much needed nap. :( I know one of these days I will be able to take a nap while the twins are here, but at this rate that is a few more years coming. Heck, this year is the first year that I can trust them to take a shower alone LOL. It was liberating to realize I could leave them upstairs for 15 minutes alone while I grabbed a shower. We celebrate the little things here. :)
Noah did have a first this week though. We went to Taco Bell for dinner and he took the money, went up to the counter alone, ordered a cheese roll up, got his change, and waited for his food alone. That is a big big deal for him and we were so proud.

It is still breath taking to watch them interact together. There are times where they are horrid to each other but there are times like right now, that Abby is sitting with him by the door to keep him company because she knows he is afraid to wait alone. She is telling him little stories and it's cool to watch how close they really are for being fraternal twins. It's nice.

This is them at about 3 years old. Their shirts say: I love my wombmate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment